The nGen Score Generator is a wrapper for nGen ( http://mikelkuehn.com/index.php/ng Author: Mikel Kuehn), a score genrator that runs on the 3 major platforms. The GUI follows the syntax of the original nGen as much as possible, however tries to mimic the data flow from left to right; the pfields and their output flow from left to right and from bottom to top.
Not all functions from the main program nGen are integrated, the nGen Score Generator.
- choose desired number of events to generate
- set number of pfields accordingly with the P field slider
- to the left of the P field slider, set Dropdown menu of all p-fields used to 'on'
- left upper corner, set global random seed value; every seed produces a unique sequence (values between 0 and 65536)
- set or enter data from left to right:, Random Deviation (only works for this pfield) --> Input Filter --> Dynamic Data Function A (((B)C)D) --> Data Entry for this function A (((B)C)D) --> Output Filter.
- check if the right values are used by pressing TEST
- up to 15 p fields can be generated
Unlike the nGen program itself, the nGen generator is momentarily unable to process:
- include files
- if / endif statements
- f-tables. Where, in nGen, one puts in the G Block something like '>f1 0 4096 10 1; a sine wave', you are requierd to keep the f-tables like 'f1 0 4096 10 1; a sine wave' in the Global Score of encapsulated instrument, or put it in the Global Score.