The nGen Score Generator is a wrapper for nGen ( http://mikelkuehn.com/index.php/ng Author: Mikel Kuehn), a score genrator that runs on the 3 major platforms. The GUI follows the syntax of the original nGen as much as possible, however tries to mimic the data flow from left to right; the pfields and their output flow from left to right and from bottom to top.
Not all functions from the main program nGen are integrated, the nGen Score Generator.
As the nGen system calculates pfield after pfield, if you change the order of some pfields, you can make the result of the previous pfield dependent on the present one.
- choose desired number of events to generate
- set number of pfields accordingly with the P field slider
- to the left of the P field slider, set Dropdown menu of all p-fields used to 'on'
- left upper corner, set global random seed value; every seed produces a unique sequence (values between 0 and 65536)
- set or enter data from left to right:, Random Deviation (only works for this pfield) --> Input Filter --> Dynamic Data Function A (and B if you want) --> Data Entry for this function --> Output Filter.
- check if the right values are used by pressing TEST
- up to 15 p fields can be generated
Unlike the nGen program itself, the nGen generator is momentarily unable to process:
- include files
- if / endif statements
- f-tables. Where, in nGen, one puts in the G Block something like '>f1 0 4096 10 1; a sine wave', you are requierd to keep the f-tables like 'f1 0 4096 10 1; a sine wave' in the Global Score of encapsulated instrument, or put it in the Global Score.
just work with ftgen inside the instrument to bypass this issue.
version 1.1, February 2021
- extended Tempo options with Tempo types
- added second data inputs
- added sampling rate option for FFT use
version1, August 2020
- initial version by Menno Knevel